Sunday, 11 May 2014

Items Every Girl Should Have in Her Handbag


Every girl carries one and every girl has that hidden curiosity... what's in the bag? I know I often wonder what girls carry around in their bags. It can tell you a lot about a person and reveal things you may have not known. Friends have often looked through photos in my wallet from my sisters wedding or a few pictures of my baby nephews. You may find yourself asking, what does a retro loving girl carry in her handbag? Well, here are my handbag essentials. 

Face Powder:
My weapon of choice has to be Hello Flawless by benefit. It doesn't sit in the creases of your face and always leaves your skin looking perfect! It comes with a handy mirror, sponge and brush for on-the-go touch ups.

Black Eyeliner:
I love Magic Ink by benefit because it lasts all day and gives me that perfect jet black retro flick every time. The brush is nice and thin for easy application. I like to draw a simple line on the lid for a day look then switch it up with a flick for the evening. 

A Pocket Mirror:
How many times have you found yourself without a mirror? Too many times! I love this cute little button mirror by Cath Kidston. Everything Cath does is so cute, I can never get enough of her floral prints!

Red Lipstick:
Dita Von Teese once stated  "I like to remind people that the day you go out looking like a full disaster is the day you’re gonna run into your ex-boyfriend or your ex-husband’s new wife or something crazy like that.” For me though, wearing lipstick everyday red or not is a homage to my late grandmother Marion. She was a lady who was glamorous everyday. She was always elegant and always reminded me, like Dita, "You never know who you'll run into...You may run into your future husband who has a yacht." My lipstick of choice is Dita Von Teese for Art Deco.

A Cute Purse:
My boyfriend got me this adorable purse and I am in love with it. It's perfect with navy lace and cream edging. I also have a thing for bows, it's like I'm opening a present. You can get the same one from New Look. 

Lip Balm:
I am obsessed with these EOS lip balms my sister got me for Christmas! They're quirky not to mention they smell and taste amazing! 

Nail Polish:
Don't you hate it when your nail chips and you don't have your nail polish on you to hide it? I end up staring at my chipped nail in disappointment until I can get home and sort it. My favorite nail varnish at the moment is Barry M Gelly nails in Lychee. 

Perfume:
My grandmother always used perfume even if she was just going to the corner shop. "An outfit is never complete without perfume." She use to say. My favorite perfume is pure poison by Dior. It smells amazing!

Music:
I often have to travel on the bus to work and I cannot be without my iPod! Music really effects my mood and I love taking the time to listen to it on my way to somewhere.



What's in your handbag? I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment